- Allison House wrote on Why diversity actually matters.
New Portfolio Sites
- Visual development artist/designer Lorelay Bové
- Illustrator/designer Kitkat Pecson
- Design studio Script & Seal (co-owned by Liz Meyer)
- The Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon added 100 new Wikipedia entries on female artists—in one day. Another 80 articles were beefed up.
- The Lean In stock photography collection portrays women as real, interesting people. It’s not all about female gender roles, though; the collection also portrays men as loving caregivers (dads!).
- Seeing New York, a cinemagraph series by Ann Street Studio
- You can Kickstart issue 3 of Got a Girl Crush magazine!
- Ladies in Tech celebrated their one year anniversary, and have much more planned for 2014.
- Kate Bingaman-Burt wrapped up her daily-drawing project, which she has maintained for eight years as of February 2014. That’s commitment.
- We were enthralled by this 1959 recording of a radio interview with type expert Beatrice Warde (transcript here)
- If you’re ever in D.C., check out the National Museum of Women in the Arts.
- Discover new ladies in lit on Girlebooks (most of which are free).
- Lots of great organizations out there who can teach you how to code. Code Scouts and Women’s Coding Collective are two we’ve heard of this month.
- Jealous of our UK friends—some really great comics ladies speaking at Thought Bubble this year.
Follow us on Twitter at @baladycreatives for lady news as it happens!